2. Information we receive from you
When you register to purchase products and/or services through britishwelove.com we ask for personal information such as your name, e-mail address and billing and delivery address. You do not need to provide us with your personal information but we will be unable to process an order or use the Services as this requires providing certain personal information. This information is retained by BritishWeLove and stored on a database hosted on a secure server in the United Kingdom. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you wish to opt out and remove your personal information. Where you give permission to store credit card details used for the purchase of products and/or services on the Site, these are retained by third parties and not by BritishWeLove. We do not process or keep your payment card details, they are processed by our third party service provider PayPal. We keep a record of any purchases you make from our partner brands and any communication you have with britishwelove.com either by email or telephone. This allows BritishWeLove to provide you with relevant information to improve your shopping experience on the Site, to assist with any customer queries you may have and for the purpose of dispute resolution and complaints management. When you visit the Site, we also automatically collect certain information from you. Please see the cookies section below.
3. Use of your personal data
All personal information of you collected on the Site and through email or telephone correspondence is used to improve the service we offer you. Your personal information is used for:
• Informing our partner brands of your order so they can send this to you as efficiently as possible. This includes partner brands using third parties such as delivery teams to provide your order to you.
• Customer administration and services on the Site including communication with you.
• To verify details of your payment method or credit card account in conjunction with PayPal
• Aid in the management and planning of research including study and analysis of customers shopping habits, outcome of advertising and marketing specific to britishwelove.com and other such facilities which allows us to improve your shopping experience on the Site.
• Informing you of offers and promotional codes from us and our partner brands and information of our services to enhance your shopping experience on the Site.
4. Your personal information may be used and shared in certain circumstances
All personal information that BritishWeLove keep may be shared by:
• Third party service providers and agents that we employ to support our business with strategic operations, financial and technological services and marketing and advertising. Such providers are under obligation to only use your personal information for the purpose of services of BritishWeLove which will be done confidentially and to the extent permitted under data protection laws.
• To research companies whom we may ask to contact you directly for feedback on our services with the intention to improve your shopping experience on the Site.
• As our data collection is part of our business, in the event that our business assets are transferred or purchased, in part or complete, by another company(ies) as part of a business transfer or sale, all data collected by BritishWeLove will be transferred to that company(ies) as part of the process. You will be informed of this.
• As part of a request from regulatory or government authority including the police services investigating unlawful activity to provide information regarding your activities on the Site and where necessary to comply with the law to protect the rights and safety of LOVEOFBRITISH UK Limited, our partner brands and users on the Site.
You agree that we may share your personal information with third parties as described above including our third party service providers and agents and our partner brands service providers for the purpose of providing you our Services.
5. How we protect your personal information
The internet is not a secure communication environment and we cannot guarantee the security of any information you send to britishwelove.com through the internet. Any submission of information to the Site is at your own risk. We do take reasonable care within the restrictions of our commercial financial and operational requirements to take precautions and protect your information but do not accept liability for, and you release and indemnify BritishWeLove, its partner brands and its and their officers, employees, contractors and agents, to the maximum extent permitted by law, from and against all liability for any damages which you may suffer as a result of the loss of such information and/or the confidentiality of such information.
All personal information stored by BritishWeLove is kept on a secure server in the United Kingdom and Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) encryption technology is used for protection of information in transit for any delicate transactions such as payments.
6. Help us to protect your information
We cannot guarantee or assure the security of information you submit to us on the Site, and you do so at your own risk. We advise you to close your browser window when you have completed your task to prevent others cannot access your personal information if you share a computer or are using a public place computer such as a library or internet café.
9. Social Media
Social Media Platforms hosted by the Site are available for you to use and share content. If your personal information is used and shared on the social media platforms, we cannot be held responsible for breach of your confidence in cases where your personal information is misused.
By visiting the Site with your browser settings adjusted to allow cookies, you are consenting to britishwelove.com using cookies in order to provide you with a fully functioning shopping experience. The Site will not function fully when cookies aren’t enabled on your computer or mobile device which will result in your shopping experience being limited to browsing and not being able to add products to your shopping bag to purchase them. To make full use of britishwelove.com and to benefit from certain personalised features, your computer or mobile device will need to be set up to accept cookies. The cookies we use cannot harm your computer or other device and does not store information such as your name, address or payment account details.
• Cookies used by BritishWeLove
We use “cookies” to collect information and store your online preferences helping to ease your navigation by automatically logging you in and remembering things like what’s in your shopping bag. A web (HTTP) cookie is a small piece of data which is downloaded and stored on your computer or mobile device by websites (web server) that you visit and browse. It allows the server to identify the browser. Your browser accesses the cookie file only when you visit the website that created it. Cookies allow sites like britishwelove.com to deliver you a personal shopping experience. Cookies communicate only the information that you have disclosed to the site and the information stored within a cookie can only be accessed by the website
that created it. More information about cookies can be obtained from www.aboutcookies.org
• Classification of cookies used on the Site:
Classification 1. Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Site and use its features. Without these cookies services such as accessing your secure area (My Account) or shopping bag cannot be provided. They expire on closing the browser but not always.
Classification 2. Performance Cookies
These collect aggregated and anonymous information on how customers use the Site such as which pages customers go to most often. Your identity is not disclosed as the data stored by these cookies never reveal personal details. Information gathered is generally used for performance measurement and improvement. Google Analytics cookies are used which allow us to analyse customer activity such as their shopping experience which we can improve with marketing campaigns. It is only used to improve how the Site works in terms of functionality and performance.
Classification 3. Functionality Cookies
These cookies support Site functionality and allow the Site to remember choices you make and keep your preferences such as username, language or the region you are in. This provides the Site with enhanced features allowing us to make your shopping experience more personal and advantageous to you. The information collected by these cookies may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Classification 4. Targeting or Advertising Cookies
These cookies are often placed by third party advertising companies and are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests, limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They remember that you have visited a site and this information is shared with other parties such as advertisers.